Monday, June 05, 2006

Who Doesn't Want To Fly

So this is my first post to my newly created blog. The idea for this blog is to mainly be a journal of my progress toward my Private Pilots Certificate. After each lesson I am going to post what is did and my thoughts about the lesson along with any ideas I have that will make my subsequent flights better. Hopefully some one else will read my posts and maybe give me some pointers or even (gasp) learn someting from me.

A little introduction is probabally in order considering this is my first post. I always knew I was interested in avation. When I was about ten or twelve I saw a remote controlled airplane flying in a neighbors back yard. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever laid eyes on. That next day I had my mom take me to the public library where I proceeded to check out every book on radio controlled airplanes. After reading all those books I saved up enougth money to buy a remote controll plane. I spent about a month building it and proceeded to crash it 30 seconds into its maiden voyage. I think my parents still have the wreckage in a box somewhere :) After that my interest subsided due to other interests coming up such as playing football and skiing. Fast foward to the summer of my junoir year in college. Being a huge Jimmy Buffett fan (hense the name of the blog) I purchased Jimmy's autobiography and spent some lazy summer days reading the book in the sun on the lake. I was Buffett story telling about his learnign to fly a seaplane and take it around the islands that really sparked my interest in flying. However, as a college student I didn't have any money tobuy beer let alone flyign lessons. So the dream was left to simmer a bit longer. Fast foward to 2006 I am now 30 years old and married with some extra disposable income. Some friends of my wife and I were getting married in Cabo San Lucas and I needed a book to read for the trip so I took the Buffett book to reread. This time after finishing the book I started looking for a flight school. Which brings us to today where I have roughly 21 hours toward my certificate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home