Monday, June 26, 2006

Lesson #21: False Start

Was scheduled to go out solo this past weekend both on Saturday and on Sunday. Saturday I had scheduled the plane from 9:00-11:00. I got up nice and early and decided to take my motorcycle up to the airport. The weather couldn't have been nicer.

KPWK 241453Z 00000KT 10SM FEW065 22/08 A3018 RMK AO2 SLP219 T02220083 50002

I got to the airport at around 9:05 parked the bike and saw two people around 560DH, the plane I had scheduled to fly. I thought the previous lesson had gone a touch late and they were just packing up. As I walked out to the plane I saw that they weren't running late at all they had never even left. It turns out that 560DH had lost a bolt which hold the exhaust header to the manifold. In fact I had a lesson cancelled before due to this same problem. The owner of the flight school was trying to fix the problem, but I pretty much knew that my lesson was a lost cause.

All in all I was kinda pissed/disappointed. It has been really hard to schedule any time to fly due to one plane being grounded for the last couple of weeks. So when I finally get on the schedule and the weather is great I drive the 20 miles in traffic only to find that the plane is grounded. I just wished the the flight school would have called me. Don't get me wrong before all of this I have been pleased with my choice in flight school. Their prices are very reasonable and I am very impressed with my instructor. However, their small size seems to be a limiting factor right now.

Anyway I am scheduled to fly tonight so I hope the plane is fixed my tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home